Saturday, July 9, 2011

Relationship Reflection

    I feel that partnerships in this world are crucial in one's ability to maintain sanity and survival.  They provide us the opportunity to not only be supported, but to support others as well.  I have surrounded myself with many partnerships, both professionally and personally.  They guide me through decisions in life, and they help me celebrate the accomplishments I have achieved.  One such partnership is in my wonderful husband.  He is my rock.  We give each other support, compassion, reality, and encouragement... not to mention adoration, respect, and the freedom to be who we are deep inside.  Partnerships, no matter what the context (personal/professional) are rewarding for both sides.  My husband is my biggest supporter.  I keep him in check and he keeps me grounded.  I consider my relationship with my own children to be a partnership.  We work as a team within our family.  This team is surrounded with trust and respect-these things are critical for working fluently with one another.
 Adam age 11, Juli age 4
 Elementary school graduation, middle school here we come!
    Daddy and his princess, 4th birthday party.
    Professionally, I have my direct supervisor, who I am honored to say is my closest friend.  She inspires me to be the best I can be in my work.  She believes in me and constantly encourages me to preserver in all I do.  I support her with a dedication to my work and friendship that I didn't know I had deep inside.  We have overcome many obstacles in our work, and together we are stronger.


    Ms. Harriet (my best friend and director of my program)

    Maintaining a relationship/partnership requires work and dedication.  This is true in the field of early childhood education.  Our partnerships with the children and families requires such attention.  We overcome obstacles and challenges everyday within these partnerships.  Within the profession, we utilize these partnerships for the benefit of the children.  Challenges such as differing cultures, ideas, methods, strategies, and beliefs may inhibit these partnerships, but with an open mind and heart, they can be embraced and leaned from. 

    1 comment:

    1. It looks like you have some great relationships Amy. I agree that in this profession we have to use our partnerships. I am certain that without my professional partnerships I could not do my job, we are there to support our students in everyday possible.

      It seems that you are very lucky to have such a loving and supportive family and to have your best friend as your director is amazing! It is great to have friends who know what you do through each day! :)

      ReplyDelete