Monday, March 14, 2011

Personal Childhood Web, continued

All the influential people in my life have at some point contributed to the woman I am today.  My loving and nurturing upbringing has shaped my outlook on life.  Because I felt safe and loved, I am able to love and make others feel secure.  This is the foundation of emotional development. 

This week we are exploring family ecosystems theories.
Most theorists outline an ecosystem, most particularly a human ecosystem or a family ecosystem, as being composed of three organizing concepts: humans, their environment, and the interactions between them.
Urie Bronfenbrenner's defines the components of the system as the microsystem, mesosystem, exosystem, and macrosystem. The microsystem is our most immediate context, and for most children, is represented by their family and their home.  The mesosystem is where a child experiences reality, such as in a childcare setting. It has been proven that links between the institution in the mesosystem and the child's family enhance the development of the child. 

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Urie_Bronfenbrenner

I had wonderful experiences within the mesosystem as a child.  I attended a preschool setting prior to entering kindergarten.  I have vivid memories of my mother participating in my early care and education, she continued that academic connection and interest throughout my younger years.  Through showing an interest and being involved, I gained an appreciation for the academia world and the families involvement within

For more information on family involvement and access to helpful resources:
http://www.hfrp.org/family-involvement/early-childhood-education







No comments:

Post a Comment